The goal of Gator Leadership Circle (GLC) is to support your academic, career and leadership development as a first or second-year student at San Francisco State University. The program’s workshops focus on teaching our students a variety of career competencies as outlined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers: Critical Thinking, Oral/Written Communication, Collaboration, Digital Technology, Leadership, Work Ethic, Career Management, and Intercultural Fluency.
These competencies address and identify skills that can be gained in and out of the classroom to get students career ready. Students who participate in GLC will learn to recognize their interests and strengths and will gain a head start on navigating their college and career journeys. Our program will include a variety of workshops focused on resume building, networking, and narrowing down both short-term and long-term goals.
8 engaging and empowering career planning workshops tailored specifically for students without a great deal of experience
Free career assessment designed to identify your interests and the match to career options
Opportunities to bond with fellow first-year and second-year students seeking more career clarity and confidence
Access to leadership development resources and opportunities to familiarize yourself with SFSU platforms including Gatorconnect, BigInterview, and Handshake
A program Certificate of Completion to add value and differentiate your resume from all the rest
The program is open to currently enrolled full time first-year and second-year students. Attendance at all sessions is a strict requirement of the program in order to receive the certificate upon completion.
Gator Leadership Circle (GLC) will consist of 8 sessions. The cohort will meet on select Tuesdays from 2:00p.m. to 3:30p.m. All sessions will be held via Zoom. Please, make sure to have your full name on your Zoom account for attendance purposes. Turning on your camera is not mandatory but highly encouraged. Attendance at all sessions is a strict requirement of the program in order to receive the Certificate of Completion.
All full time first-year and second-year students will automatically be accepted into the program. Students will be notified via their SF State campus email 48 hours after application deadline (September 20th).
Fall 2022 GLC Schedule:
- 9/27/2022 – Orientation
- 10/4/22 – Developing a Leadership and Career Mindset
- 10/11/22 – Your Guide to Introducing You
- 10/18/22 – Becoming an Inclusive and Effective Communicator
- 10/25/22 – The Power of your Vision
- 11/1/22 – Stepping into your Career Journey
- 11/8/22 – Blueprint for Career Development
- 11/15/22 – Certificate Ceremony
Applications will be sent to first-year student via their SF State campus email. If you do not receive an email, please click on the Apply Now link below.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, September 20th
Questions? Please contact-
Samer Dabit – Leadership Success & Career Advisor, Career Services & Leadership Development
- Who is eligible to apply?
- All incoming first-year and second year students are welcomed to the program.
- Are there any requirements to apply?
- Must be a freshmen or sophomore to apply and, you must be available each week for the entire programmed time that the program is scheduled to meet.
- Where will the meetings be held?
- Via Zoom, link will be sent out once you are accepted into the program.
- I just transferred and I am in my second semester as a freshman, am I eligible?
- Yes, you are still considered a freshmen or sophomore and you are welcomed to apply.
- Do I need to bring anything with me to the meetings?
- An open mind, big smile and a notebook and pen since there will be a lot of valuable information.