Career Services & Leadership Development (CSLD) provides limited career services to alumni. To be eligible for Alumni Services, you must have graduated from SF State University.
- Access to SFSU Handshake, CSLD’s career platform where thousands of jobs are posted exclusively for SF State students and alumni
- To request an account, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name (first & last), student id#, preferred email, year of graduation and major. *Subject: Handshake Account Alumni Request*
- New Alumni (graduated within the last year) – 3 career counseling appointments for the first year to get assistance with your career planning and job search needs
- Alumni (graduated more than 1 year ago) – 1 career consultation per year to seek advice and guidance with your career
- Access to CSLD sponsored events – on-campus career readiness workshops, career fairs and specialized programs to meet your specific career needs. *There is limited-capacity with some events and priority will be given to current students. Please refer to SFSU Handshake events for more information.*
Gator Connect is an easy-to-use platform for networking and professional mentorship—designed exclusively for SF State students, alumni, staff, faculty and friends. By joining Gator Connect, you will be able to network within your industry or city, and share career advice or gain insights from experienced professionals. Gator Connect is your gateway to making the most of your lifelong SFSU experience.
Gator Connect Login Information
- Go to: http://gatorconnect.sfsu.edu
- Click on “Join the Community”
- Select either “LinkedIn” or “Email” login method
- For LinkedIn method: use your LinkedIn login info to link your accounts
- For Email method: enter your information and choose a password to "Create Account"
- Complete your profile
While your time as students at SF State may be over, you are alumni for life. Join the Alumni Association, and get access to resources to help elevate your career, grow your network, and enhance your life.
Keep your SF State bonds strong!