Gator Leadership Circle
About the Program
The goal of Gator Leadership Circle (GLC) is to support your academic, career and leadership development as a first-year and second-year student at San Francisco State University. The program’s workshops are derived from the National Association of Colleges and Employers’ (NACE) career readiness competencies:
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Oral/Written Communications
- Digital Technology
- Professionalism/Work Ethic
- Career Management
- Global/Intercultural Fluency
These competencies address and identify skills and knowledge that can be gained inside and outside of the classroom to get students career ready. In reference to the NACE definition, “Career readiness is the attainment and demonstration of requisite competencies that broadly prepare college graduates for a successful transition into the workplace." Therefore, students who participate in GLC will learn to recognize their interests and strengths as well as how to apply them in meaningful and relevant ways as they transition through the university and into the workforce.
- 8 engaging and empowering career planning workshops tailored specifically for freshman and sophomore students
- Free career assessment designed to identify your interests and the match to career options
- Opportunities to bond with fellow freshman & sophomores seeking more career clarity and confidence
- A program Certificate of Completion to add value and differentiate your resume from all the rest
The program is open to currently enrolled freshmen-level and sophomore-level students in the College of Business, College of Ethnic Studies, College of Health & Social Sciences, College of Liberal & Creative Arts, College of Science & Engineering and Undeclared students. Attendance at all sessions is a strict requirement of the program in order to receive the certificate upon completion.
Attendance at all sessions is a strict requirement of the program in order to receive the Certificate of Completion.
Fall 2021 GLC Schedule
- 9/21/21 - Orientation - Benjamin Safer
- 9/28/21 - Crafting your Career – Dr. Kevin Eschleman
- 10/5/21 - Developing a Leadership Mindset – Dr. Jeannette Peralta
- 10/12/21 - Personal Finance – Jerry Lee
- 10/19/21 - Leveraging LinkedIn – Kyle Elliott
- 10/26/21 - Mentorship: From School to Career – Undergraduate Advising Center
- 11/2/21 - Leadership Skills – Knute Kallander
- 11/9/21 - Closing Ceremony – Benjamin Safer
Applications will be sent to Freshman and Sophomore students via their SF State campus email. If you do not receive an email, please click on the Apply Now link below.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 10th
Questions? Please contact
Benjamin Safer – Leadership Success & Career Advisor, Career Services & Leadership Development
-Who is eligible to apply?
All freshman and sophomore students are welcomed to the program
-Are there any requirements to apply?
Must be freshman or sophomore to apply and you must be available each week for the entire prorgrammed time that the program is scheduled to meet.
-Where will the meetings be held?
Via Zoom , link will be sent out once you are accepted into the program
-I just transferred and I am in my second semester as a freshmen, am I eligible ?
Yes, you are still considered a freshmen and you are welcomed to apply
-Do I need to bring anything with me to the meetings ?
An open mind, big smile and a notebook and pen since there will be a lot of valuable information