Posting an On-Campus Job
- Create an account or log in to Handshake.
- Once your Handshake profile is complete, you can post a Job from your home dashboard.
- You will be asked to complete 4 steps: Basics, Details, Preferences, and Schools. The bottom of the screen indicates which step you are currently on.
- Ignore the ATS/job code
- Company Division:
SF State utilizes the Divisions Model of Handshake’s on-campus employment recruitment environment. Campus departments are listed as a Division. These Divisions are under one Company, called “San Francisco State University.” Some Divisions have been pre-input into our system. If your department or college has not been input, please contact email@example.com add your department to the Division feature.
- External website or applicant tracking system: If you select "yes," you'll be able to input a URL for students to apply through.
- Use the following answers for On-Campus Jobs:
- Job Type: On-Campus Student Employment
- Employment Type: Part-time
- Duration: Temporary/Seasonal
- Work Study Job: Select “Yes” if your position is Work Study only
- Description: Use this section to describe job duties and list qualifications.
- Job Functions: You can select one or more to help students find your job posting.
- Job Salary: For most on-campus jobs, select “per hour.”
- Location: As you start typing the address, some suggestions will show up in the address field - you must select one rather than manually typing it in. This can be a specific office location, or a general city like "San Francisco, USA.”
- Documents: Resume is automatically checked. Leave this checked, as a resume is required.
- This helps you filter applicants but it does not prevent those who do not meet your qualifications from applying.
- Applicant Packages: Email applications packets to yourself and/or your team members.
- Select San Francisco State University in order for SF State students to view and apply.
- Please do not add additional schools for On-Campus Jobs.
Review and Recreate
You're all set! Choose Create on the bottom navigation to create and review your job.
On-Campus Student Jobs Guidelines
To meet EOE/AA guidelines, the University requires that you post your student employment opportunities for at least five (5) calendar days with our job listing partner Handshake. This requirement applies to the following positions:
- Work Study Program (through Financial Aid)
- Student Assistant (non-work study)
- Instructional Student Assistant
- Teaching Associate
- Graduate Assistant