CSLD remains open virtually. Please review the following for what we are currently offering.
CAREER COUNSELING (Zoom or Phone)
- Counseling Appointments: We will continue to offer career counseling appointments for students and alumni. All appointments will be conducted via Zoom video or phone call. *If you are using a mobile device (ie., phone or tablet), you will have to download the Zoom App to enable video function.
- Drop-Ins: Traditional 1pm-3pm Drop-Ins will be paused until further notice. For quick resume and cover letter critiques, please attach your documents on an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A career ambassador or career counselor will reply with feedback within 48 hours.
All of our currently scheduled in-person workshops will be converted to Zoom webinars. Instructions will be provided to participants ahead of time to connect to the Zoom webinar. Please see the list below of virtual workshops that are coming up:
- On-going (anytime): Pre-recorded Resume & Cover Letter Tips webinar
- March 17 (12-1pm): Networking for Introverts
- March 30 (12-1pm): Maximize Your Virtual Job Search
- April 1 (2-3pm): Resume & Cover Letter Tips
- April 2 (3-4pm): Nail Your Next Job Interview
VIRTUAL PLATFORMS & CSLD WEBSITE (Online)
- Handshake: find job/internship postings, make an appointment with a career counselor or find career-related events
- Big Interview: provides video lessons and a hands-on mock video interview tool
- Gator Connect: networking and professional mentorship platform for SF State University students, alumni, staff, faculty and friends
- CSLD Website: find everything you need that is career related. Our Online Resources tab is filled with digital guides and handouts as well as Job Search Websites, LinkedIn Resources and Diversity Resources
- Jobs/Internships: SF State Handshake is still an available and robust resource for those seeking job and internship opportunities.
- Cancelled Spring 2020 Career Fair: Out of an abundance of caution, we are canceling our upcoming fair which was scheduled for April 9th. *We are looking to launch a Virtual Career Fair and will share details at a later time.
- Virtual Employer Fairs & Info Sessions: Did you know that many employers have also moved to hosting virtual job fairs and info sessions? Check out upcoming events on Handshake.
Yes, CSLD will continue to offer career counseling appointments for students and alumni. All appointments will be conducted via Zoom video or phone call.
*If you are using a mobile device (ie., phone or tablet), you will have to download the Zoom App to enable video function.*
***If you prefer a phone appointment, please include your preferred number in message when making the appointment.**
Click here to make a career counseling appointment.
Out of an abundance of caution, we are canceling our upcoming fair which was scheduled for April 9th.
*We are looking to launch a Virtual Career Fair and will share details at a later time.*
Virtual Employer Fairs & Info Sessions: Did you know that many employers have also moved to hosting virtual job fairs and info sessions? Check out upcoming events on Handshake.
With the transition to remote academic instruction and that many businesses/community organizations have transitioned to remote work and/or have temporarily suspended their services as well, we realize that there are many questions around your academic internship. We want to prioritize student and community health, and we urge you to practice social distancing and adhere to the recent San Francisco and Bay Area counties' Public Health Order requiring people to stay home except for essential needs, effective March 17, 2020.
This is an evolving situation and these below action steps are meant to be general, as each course and placement site is unique to their discipline and department requirements. We wish to emphasize that you make decisions that are in your best interest of your health and safety.
- Please contact your course instructor as many faculty/departments are working with students to provide as much flexibility and accommodation as allowed to support you without penalty, in regards to alternative experiences/assignments, potentially reducing hours, etc.
- It is recommended you check-in with your internship site supervisor to inquire about their current protocol in response to COVID-19 and inquire potential tasks you can do remotely, if possible to continue your internship.
- If you are able to continue your internship remotely, please review and submit the Student Informed Consent form (if you have not already done so) and submit to your course instructor or to the following:
- For CHSS & CLCDA internship courses submit to Michelle Chu | email@example.com
- For CoSE & Lam Family CoB internship courses submit to Eunice Kim | firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information, please visit the Institute for Civic and Community Engagement
The Unemployment Insurance (UI) program pays benefits to workers who have lost their job and meet the program’s eligibility requirements. If you have become unemployed or partially unemployed, you may file a UI claim. After you have filed a claim, you must continue to certify for benefits and meet eligibility requirements each week in order to receive benefit payments.
Please visit https://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/ to learn more about Unemployment Insurance.
You can also view video tutorials here.