Fellows Program (PLFP)
About the Program
The goal of the SFSU President’s Leadership Fellows Program (PLFP) is to provide students with the soft skills that national research has shown employers seek in job candidates. These skills complement the hard skills also needed in order to be competitive in today’s job market, including resume and cover letter composition, interview skills, networking, etc. Students accepted to the PLFP take part in workshops focusing on leadership, teamwork, critical thinking, unconscious bias, emotional intelligence and sexual harassment in the workplace. Fellows learn to recognize their competencies and how to apply them in meaningful and relevant ways as they transition to job-readiness.
- Learn to articulate your value
- Enhance your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Network with peers, staff, and consultants
- Develop your interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Expand and leverage your skills and confidence to gain competitive edge
- The Fellows Program is open to currently enrolled junior-level and senior-level students in the College of Business, College of Education, College of Ethnic Studies, College of Health & Social Sciences, College of Liberal & Creative Arts, and College of Science & Engineering.
- Attendance at all sessions is a strict requirement of the program.
The spring Fellows Program will consist of seven sessions. You have the option of joining either the afternoon or the evening cohort, but you must attend every session. Because space is limited, please only consider applying if you are fully committed and available to attend all seven sessions. Absences are cause for dismissal from the program. The afternoon cohort will meet on the Holloway campus at the Towers Conference Center on select Wednesdays from 12:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. The evening cohort will meet on the Holloway campus in the Cesar Chavez Building in Rosa Parks A-C from 4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. Attire is business casual; less formal than traditional business wear, but still intended to give a professional impression.
Fellows members must also complete the following requirements by the fourth session of the program:
- Fully complete your Handshake profile for “around the world” status
- One assigned mock interview on CSLD’s online platform Big Interview
Spring 2019 PLFP Schedule (attendance is taken at each session)
Afternoon Cohort (12:15pm – 1:45pm)
Evening Cohort (4:30pm – 6:00pm)
- Leadership Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Persuasive Presentation Styles
- Leadership Communication Styles
Questions? Please contact
Joseph Adams, Student Outreach, Career Services & Leadership Development