Fellows Program (PLFP)
About the Program
The goal of the SFSU President’s Leadership Fellows Program (PLFP) is to provide students with the soft skills that national research has shown employers seek in job candidates. These skills complement the hard skills also needed in order to be competitive in today’s job market, including resume and cover letter composition, interview skills, networking, etc. Students accepted to the PLFP take part in workshops focusing on leadership, teamwork, critical thinking, unconscious bias, emotional intelligence and sexual harassment in the workplace. Fellows learn to recognize their competencies and how to apply them in meaningful and relevant ways as they transition to job-readiness.
- Learn to articulate your value
- Enhance your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Network with peers, staff, and consultants
- Develop your interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Expand and leverage your skills and confidence to gain competitive edge
- The Fellows Program is open to currently enrolled junior-level and senior-level students in the College of Business, College of Education, College of Ethnic Studies, College of Health & Social Sciences, College of Liberal & Creative Arts, and College of Science & Engineering.
- Attendance at all sessions is a strict requirement of the program.
- Space is limited. Only consider applying if you are fully committed and available to attend every session. Absences are cause for dismissal from the program.
- Fellows will meet at the Holloway campus on select Wednesdays from 12:15pm to 1:45pm.
- Attire is business casual; less formal than traditional business wear but still intended to give a professional impression.
Fall 2018 PLFP Schedule (attendance is taken at each session)
- 9/19 Orientation and Welcome Reception
- 9/26 Leadership Skills
- 10/3 Emotional Intelligence
- 10/10 Persuasive Presentation Styles
- 10/24 Leadership Communication Styles
- 11/7 Certificate Ceremony and Closing Reception
Questions? Please contact
Joseph Adams, Student Outreach, Career Services & Leadership Development